Pretender Eggs Benedict with Asparagus, Bacon, Ham, and Swiss Cheese
Blue Ribbon Recipe
I made this for my husband one morning and he couldn't stop raving! This is a wonderful "cheat" that makes for a terrific presentation. The Test Kitchen
- 2 medium
- english muffins, split in 2, and buttered
- 4 slice
- swiss cheese, thinly sliced
- 4 slice
- bacon, fried crisp, and put on paper towels to drain
- 4 oz
- ham, sliced thin, deli ham is good for this
- 4 large
- eggs, beaten
- 4 tsp
- 1/2 tsp
- each salt and pepper
- 12 medium
- spears cooked asparagus. you will want the spear ends here, cut into 2 inches long
- 1 pkg
- knorr hollandaise sauce
- 1 c
- 1/4 c
How to Make Pretender Eggs Benedict with Asparagus, Bacon, Ham, and Swiss Cheese
- 1You will need to have something to cook the eggs in the microwave in that make them a perfect size for the muffins. I bought mine at Wally World. They are plastic, and open up on a hinge.
- 2Split muffins and toast to your liking, butter them.
- 3Put one slice of Swiss on each muffin, break the bacon in 3 pieces, put on Swiss, put one slice of ham on top of the bacon.
- 4Spray the container you are going to cook your eggs in with non stick spray.
- 5Put one egg in each container, and whip, add 1 teaspoon cream to each egg and whip. Put 3 cut spears of asparagus on top, salt and pepper
- 6Put each egg in microwave and cook 1 minute.
- 7Meanwhile make Hollandaise to package directions using the 1 cup milk and 1/4 cup butter.
- 8Place each egg on each muffin, and cover with Hollandaise.