Poached Eggs in Maple Syrup
This old-time breakfast has a most pleasant flavor. It is so good, much better than it sounds.
How to Make Poached Eggs in Maple Syrup
- 1Into a small frying pan, pour maple syrup to a depth of 1-1/2 inches.
- 2Heat to just below simmering. Bubbles forming in the syrup but not breaking on the surface.
- 3Carefully break egg into a saucer and slip gently into pan. (If you are making more than 1 poached egg, add them one at a time.)
- 4Cook until egg is set about 3 - 5 minutes.
- 5Remove eggs from pan and serve on toast with the syrup poured over top.