★★★★★ 1 vote5
·water enough to cover eggs
·seasoning of choice
How to Make Poached Egg Broth
- Add spices,salt, and vinegar to the water. Bring water to a low boil for a minute or two before you add your eggs.This lets the seasonings work up a little.
1. The vinegar doesn't really flavor the eggs it's there to help hold the eggs together.
2. Use a good non-stick pan!
3. As far as seasonings skies the limit. I love curry with a little cumin. But I have experimented with everything from chipotle season to a little lavender.
4. You can use chicken or beef broth in place of the water. Omit the salt if you do!