My Better Then Fast Food Becon & Egg Sandwich
- nonstick cooking spray
- vine-ripened tomato, sliced into 1/4 inc slices
- garlic clove, minced
- pieces of canadian bacon or turkey bacon cooked crisp
- 2 c
- liquid egg substitute
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 Tbsp
- choppoed fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 4 slice
- 2% reduced fat american cheese
- whole wheat english muffins
How to Make My Better Then Fast Food Becon & Egg Sandwich
- 1Heat your stove top grill pan or fry pan over high heat. When hot, remove it from the stove and coat it with cooking spray.
- 2Grill or heat the tomato slices and the Canadina bacon until warmed through, about 5 minutes.
- 3Remove from pan and set aside on a plate
- 4Heat a large nonstick saute pan over medium high heat. When hot, remove from stove and coat with cooking spray.
- 5Return pan to heat and add garlic and cook until it is browned, about 2 minutes, watching not to burn it.
- 6Add the egg substitute and with a wooden spoon, stir until the eggs begin to solidify and large curds form.
- 7Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- 8Scatter the parsley on top of the eggs and them place the 4 slices cheese on top of the eggs making four portions.
- 9Meanwhile toast the English muffins in a toaster oven or non-stick pan.
- 10Lay the bottom halves of the muffins on a cutting board and add a slice of your choice of bacon on each one,then devide the eggs into four portiions and place on top of each bacon slice.
- 11Top with the sliced tomato and top muffin and serve immediately.