Plus, the great part about frittatas are that you can add whatever ingredients you want based on whatever you have in your kitchen. So just start here, then explore on your own.
1/4 cmilk or half n half
1/4 cbell pepper, chopped (color of your choice)
1/4 conion, chopped
2 cspinach, fresh
1/2 cbacon, cooked and chopped
1/4 cfeta or goat cheese, crumbled
dash(es)each of salt and pepper
1 Tbspolive oil
6 sliceheirloom tomato, thinly sliced
How to Make Breakfast Frittata
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
In a large bowl, lightly whisk the eggs and milk.
- Heat an oven-proof 12 inch pan over medium heat. Add oil and sauté onions and peppers for a few minutes, then add the spinach and cook a few minutes more, tossing constantly.
- Pour egg mixture into pan. Consistently agitate the eggs with a heat-resistant rubber spatula, always moving toward the center of pan while scraping along the sides as well.
- Add cheese and bacon about half-way through.
Cook until eggs are about 75% done. The consistency should be fairly moist, gooey, and jello-like when jiggled.
- Remove from heat; top with tomatoes.
- Finish off in the oven for 10-20 min. You can check for doneness when there is NO wetness on the top, or insert a knife into the center to see if it comes out clean.
- Remove and let sit for 5 minutes. Cut and serve.