Low-Carb Drop Biscuits with Sausage Gravy
Fat = 9 g
Carbohydrate = 7 g
Protein = 11 g
Sodium = 310 mg
Got this recipe in my email from Diabetic Connect, and decided to give it a try this morning.
I added a little garlic and finely chopped onion to my gravy.
If you are not familiar with Carbquik, you can find information on it at this address:
How to Make Low-Carb Drop Biscuits with Sausage Gravy
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a bowl, add the dry ingredients and then start adding the water mixing as you go. Now keep mixing to bring the dough together. It should be a little sticky, but smooth and all the water is absorbed.
- With a pair of spoons, drop chunks of dough on to a sheet pan sprayed with baking spray and place in oven for 10-12 minutes
- In large skillet, over medium-high heat, cook and crumble sausage to lightly brown, removing fat from pan as it accumulates.
- Sprinkle Carbquik over sausage in skillet, stir to blend, add half & half to pan all at once. Cook, stirring constantly over medium-high heat until thickened and bubbly.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Serve over hot baked Carbquik® biscuits.