12 smallraw oysters, patted dry (jarred oysters)
·salt and pepper, to taste
1 call purpose flour
1 largeegg, beaten
·cracker crumbs, as needed
3 Tbspunsalted butter
8 largeeggs, beaten
How to Make Hangtown Fry
- Mix flour with salt and pepper in a shallow bowl. In another bowl, beat 1 egg. In another bowl, add cracker crumbs. Beat 8 eggs in another mixing bowl and set aside.
- Heat butter in large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Dip oyster in flour mixture, then egg, then roll in cracker crumbs. Repeat with all oysters.
Fry in butter until browned; turn them over and fry other side until browned.
- Leaving oysters in pan, pour eggs over them and cook until firm. Flip the omelet over and cook on other side until done.
- Divide into 2 or 4 portions and serve.