- 12 small
- raw oysters, patted dry (jarred oysters)
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 c
- all purpose flour
- 1 large
- egg, beaten
- cracker crumbs, as needed
- 3 Tbsp
- unsalted butter
- 8 large
- eggs, beaten
How to Make Hangtown Fry
- 1Mix flour with salt and pepper in a shallow bowl. In another bowl, beat 1 egg. In another bowl, add cracker crumbs. Beat 8 eggs in another mixing bowl and set aside.
- 2Heat butter in large skillet over medium-high heat.
- 3Dip oyster in flour mixture, then egg, then roll in cracker crumbs. Repeat with all oysters.
Fry in butter until browned; turn them over and fry other side until browned.
- 4Leaving oysters in pan, pour eggs over them and cook until firm. Flip the omelet over and cook on other side until done.
- 5Divide into 2 or 4 portions and serve.