How to Make Ham, Asparagus and Poached Eggs
- Trim asparagus ends so just the tender stalk is used. If stalk is thick, I will cut just the stalk in half up to the head.
- I like to cook the asparagus in the oven. Just toss with a little oil, spread on baking sheet evenly, and bake at 350 until tender. You can boil to done also. Drain and keep warm.
- While asparagus is cooking, cut ham into individual servings and pan fry.
- Poach as many eggs as needed leaving the yolk runny or at least somewhat runny.
- To plate, place a piece of ham on individual serving plate, top with asparagus and then top with 1 or 2 eggs.
- Hollandaise sauce can be spooned over the top if desired.