Grilled Veggie Quiche
★★★★★ 1 vote5
29-inch pie shells, thawed
6eggs, or egg substitute equivalent to 6 eggs
1 cmilk, low-fat
8 slicepepper-jack cheese
·assorted grilled veggies (see below)
1/4 tspmontreal grill seasoning
How to Make Grilled Veggie Quiche
- The veggies were all drizzled with olive oil, salt & pepper, then grilled over a medium hot grill until you get nice grill marks and veggies are tender-crisp. I used green and red bell peppers, asparagus, zucchini and red onion.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and place rack in the bottom slot. Lay cheese slices into bottom of pie shells - 4 slices per shell.
- Chop grilled veggies roughly and spread out over cheese, dividing evenly between the 2 pie shells.
- Combine eggs, milk, grill seasoning and salt. Whisk to break up the eggs until smooth. Divide between the 2 pies, pouring slowly over the veggies and cheese. Fill to just barely under the top edge.
- Bake 50-60 minutes until golden brown on top and the egg is totally set. Remove from oven and let sit for 10-15 minutes before cutting. Serve warm or at room temperature.
- If you want to add meat, you can add cooked bulk sausage, or diced ham and it would still be great! Enjoy.