Frog In a Hole
It looks special, but you don't have to spend a lot of time in the kitchen to pull it off.
This would also be a nice light supper.
You can add cooked asparagus, cripy bacon, jalepenos,mushrooms, cooked sausage, or even bell peppers.
I have pictured 3 eggs because this is so filling I can only eat one.
- 4 c
- hash browns, i like the ones in the refrigerated section by the eggs.
- 1/2 small
- onion, chopped fine
- 1 Tbsp
- 1 Tbsp
- olive oil
- 4 large
- 4 slice
- american cheese, or cheese of your choice
- 1 tsp
- each salt and pepper
How to Make Frog In a Hole
- 1Set burner to med high, and melt the butter and oil. I like teflon for this.
- 2When hot saute the onion til translucent, add whatever extras you are putting in now like peppers, and cook til soft, or heated well, then add potatoes evenly,
- 3Leave the pan alone. As Elton says 'Just walk away".
Leave the pan alone until the potatoes are nice and browned. If you mess with the potatoes before they are crispy, they just won't brown.
- 4When browned and crispy, turn over, and continue to cook until the potatoes are starting to brown on that side.
- 5Make 4 wells in the hash browns, making sure you have good space so eggs have good contact with the bottom of the pan.
- 6Crack one egg in each hole, salt and pepper, cover and continue to cook until eggs are soft set.
- 7Cover each egg with a slice of cheese, cover again and allow cheese to melt.