Fresh Veggie Omelet
- 3 large
- 1 Tbsp
- 4-5 medium
- mushrooms, sliced
- 1/4 c
- red bell pepper, chopped
- red onion, sliced
- container of boursin cheese
- 2 stalk(s)
- kale, chopped
- 1 Tbsp
- olive oil
- 1 2/3 Tbsp
How to Make Fresh Veggie Omelet
- 1Drizzle about 1 T of olive oil in a saute pan along with 1 T of butter. Saute the mushrooms, onion, pepper and kale (or whatever veggies you like) until nice and tender. Remove from saute pan and set aside to stay warm.
- 2Break the eggs into a bowl along with the 1 T of water and salt/pepper to taste. Beat the eggs until the whites are incorporated with the yolks.
- 3Melt 1 T of butter in the saute pan. Add the beaten eggs into the pan and swirl the pan until the eggs cover the bottom. Keep swirling the pan so all of the egg mixture is almost set.
- 4Crumble the Boursin cheese (or whatever cheese you like) on top of the eggs until it just starts to melt. Add in the sauteed vegetables on top of the cheese.
- 5Using a spatula, fold the eggs into a taco shape, making sure all of the veggies and cheese stay inside of the eggs.
- 6When the cheese is nice and gooey, remove the omelet from the pan onto a plate. You can garnish your omelet with chopped tomatoes, scallions and a dollop of sour cream.