Fool Proof Omelet
Also, this recipe is for a 5 inch skillet, so add more eggs if you use a bigger skillet:)
★★★★★ 2 votes5
1 cpackaged ham cubes
pinchsalt and pepper
3 pinchcheddar cheese, shredded
1 Tbspgreen bell pepper, minced
1 Tbsponion, minced
How to Make Fool Proof Omelet
- Pour a small amount of bacon grease into a skillet over high heat, let melt.
- Beat 3 eggs and 1 tsp of milk in a tall glass add a pinch of pepper and a pinch off salt. Stir until egg is broken up.
- Pour into greased pan, eggs will bubble so pop the bubbles with spatula so that the yolk will go through the hole, the faster you cook the yolk on top, the less likelier its going to burn the bottom.
- As the eggs are cooking, take the spatula and peel the edges so that the egg yolk flows into the peeled areas and cooks. keep peeling the edges until almost all of the yolk on top is gone. (if you have to, tilt the skillet so that the yolk runs into the sides where it is peeled)
- When all yolk is gone on top, reduce heat to simmer and add ham, onion, bell pepper and sprinkle with cheese. (if you put the ingredients not quite in the middle but close to one side of the egg it will be easier to fold)
- On side with no fillings, scoop spatula under egg and fold (it works better if this is the side furthest from you and fold it toward you) Hold spatula on top of folded omlet for a few seconds so that it sticks, carefully remove and serve.