How to Make Eggs Cocotte
- 1Preheat oven to 350'F. Coat 6-6 oz. ramekins with butter. Sprinkle a little grated Romano cheese into the bottom of each ramekin. Boil a kettle of water.
- 2Break one egg into each of the 6 ramekins. Sprinkle the eggs with black pepper. Place the ramekins in a 9x13" casserole dish with sides. Put the dish into the prepared oven and pour the hot water into the casserole dish being careful not to get any water in the ramikens. Fill to 1 1/4".
- 3Spoon 1 teaspoon of the cream over the eggs. Sprinkle a little more cheese on top.
- 4Bake for 25 minutes or until the eggs are set.
NOTE: I made one for myself in my convection toaster oven. I used a large custard dish and put it into the oven with some water in it. Then I set the egg filled ramiken into the custard dish and baked it for 12 minutes. It was perfectly done.
- 5I served this for brunch with some sliced tomato and a piece of gluten free toast.