Eggnog French Toast
Rose Mary Mogan2
- 8 large
- eggs, room temperature
- 2 c
- 1/4 c
- 1/2 tsp
- vanilla or rum extract,(i used brandy & used more) if desired
- 6-8 slice
- whole english muffin bread
- confectioners sugar, optional
- maple syrup or your favorite syrup
- 2 tsp
- butter flavoring (my addition)
- non stick cooking spray or pats of butter for griddle
How to Make Eggnog French Toast
- 2Crack eggs into a large bowl, then add eggnog, both extracts, & sugar. Whisk together till blended. Then add the english muffin halves a few at a time into the bowl, with the cut side facing into the egg mixture. Press down with spatula to allow mixture to absorb into the muffins for about 2 minutes.
- 3Spray griddle iron with non stick cooking spray or add a pat or 2 of butter, and allow to melt. Then carefully add the english muffin halves onto griddle, and let brown about 3 to 4 minutes per side, or until golden brown flip over and let other side brown. Then remove to serving platter. Add a pat of butter if desired, and sprinkle with powdered sugar, and or top with your favorite syrup while still hot.
- 4You are now ready to enjoy a great tasting Breakfast Brunch.I used the Thomas's whole Grain English Muffins with 8 grams of fiber per serving. I am sure you can use other breads as well in this recipe, Hawiian Bread, Brioch, or whole wheat. Any kind will probably work. This was my first time using English muffins but they really do work, don't forget to let them soak in the egg mixture.