Egg in a Nest
- eggs, separated
- 3 Tbsp
- choppped baby spinach (or substitute baby kale)
- 4 Tbsp
- shredded havarti cheese (or substitute with other shredded cheese)
- 2 slice
- whole grain bread, lightly toasted
- salt and pepper to taste
How to Make Egg in a Nest
- 1Preheat the oven to 350° F
- 2Place the egg whites in a bowl of electric mixer and beat on high speed until stiff peaks form, about 5 minutes (well-beaten egg white should not fall from the spoon when it is turned upside down).
- 3With a rubber spatula, carefully fold spinach, cheese, salt and pepper into beaten egg whites. Be careful not to over-mix.
- 4Place slices of bread on a baking sheet and top each with a half of the beaten egg white mixture. Push the egg whites to the sides, creating a hole in the middle of each bread slice for the egg yolk. Carefully pour the egg yolks into the holes. Place the baking sheet in the oven on the middle oven rack, and bake it for 10 minutes, or until the egg whites are completely set and the yolks begin to thicken but are not hard. Serve warm.