- 1/2 c
- whole milk ( i have used up to a full cup and it was really tender)
- 1/2 c
- all purpose flour (sifted)
- 1 pinch
- 2 Tbsp
- splash of real vanilla
- 1 pinch
- cinnamon ( freshley ground please)
- confectioners' sugar for dusting
- berries (which ever you perfer)
- maple syrup
How to Make Dutch Baby
- 1Bring eggs and milk to room temperature, place a 10 inch cast iron skillet inside oven and preheat oven to 475 degrees F (245 degrees C).
- 2Beat eggs well add milk, vanilla, nutmeg, cinnamon, salt beat well add flour, mix.
- 3Remove skillet from oven and reduce oven heat to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C). Melt butter in hot skillet so that inside of skillet is completely coated with butter. Pour all the batter in the skillet and return skillet to oven.
this was the orgional temp. I perfer 400 deg for about 25-30 min.
- 4Bake until puffed and lightly browned, about 10-12 minutes. Remove promptly Top with the fruit of your choice I love blueberries heated with sugar free syrup, sprinkle with powdered sugar if you prefer.
- 5Tips: this will cook at different rates depending on your oven, the one I had looked at called for only 10 min. I have never cooked it for this short amt of time my oven must be way off just look for it to be brown and puffy. if you want it larger check out the one I pinched called Pannaukkau this is made in a larger pan, most of the babies I have researched do not add vanilla or cinnamon but I have chose to and will continue to figure out just how much I like to put in right now it’s just a splash and a pinch. I love adding my berries to the syrup and give it a good warm up in the microwave, I have been using no sugar syrup and the maker is carys it is awesome.