Denver Omlet Pita Style (plus LOW SODIUM) By Freda
Note: I have added "Low Sodium" as an Option for those that need it.The recipe can be for ONE or as many as You like. Just double or tripple the recipe.
- whole wheat pita pocket or (sub a tortilla)
- egg beaten or (1/4 c egg substitute)
- 1/2 Cup
- bell pepper chopped
- 1/3 Cup
- onion, diced
- 1/2 oz
- baked ham ( low sodium, diced) or canadian bacon
- 1/2 oz
- mozzarella, or( low sodium cheese) or low fat low sodium jack cheese
- 2 tbs
- sliced mushrooms, (optional)
Pour in eggs toss and turn so they do not stick.
Add; peppers, Onions, Ham, & cheese, (Optional mushrooms)
toss till eggs are done.
Spoon egg scramble omlet into Pita Pocket 1/2.
(If using tortilla, spoon on tortilla and roll as for a buritto)
Serve Immediately while hot .
Makes (1) pocket
Note: Season as Desired with Salt and Pepper.