Cin's 'Sausage and Cheese Mini Frittatas'
I used to always make my Frittatas in a pie plate..but found this was to fun for kids and adults.
This is a pic of the first time I got this pan and created these little gems...when we go on vacation to the condo we take a bag full of them to pop in the microwave in the mornings for a quick and filling breakfast with toast or biscuits.
Used a mini-muffin tin with 2-inch cups to make these easy party bites.
These tins can be found on the baking aisle in larger markets or at many discount stores.
Most mini's hold 12 mini-muffins per tin, some hold 24 (mine holds
If yours only holds 12 then you'll need 2 tins. This recipe will make at least 24 pieces (plus).
Ofcourse you can use a regular muffin tin that holds 12, just adjust your time.
My Grandgirls loved them because they like eggs an cheese, (hey can even help you make them).
They also liked the fact that they could put them in the microwave when they wanted some and..."I do it myself Nana".
I hope you give them a try and enjoy.
- use finely shredded cheese (get a bag of 4-cheese mix)
- 1/2 lb
- of sausage
- roasted red bell-peppers, chopped/diced (one or two larg slices out of the jar or your own)
- pinch of black pepper
- pinch garlic powder
- pinch cumin
- pinch basil/garlic spice-mix
- pinch parsley
- pinch dill weed
- pinch course sea salt
- pinch splenda or sugar
- 1 Tbsp
- dried chopped onion (can use fresh satueed, i didn't bother, with it being such a small amount)
- 3 Tbsp
- 8 eggs, or 1 pint egg beaters
- 1/2 c
How to Make Cin's 'Sausage and Cheese Mini Frittatas'
- 1Preheat oven to 375 dF.
Spray muffin tins with non-stick spray.
- 2Brown sausage partially then add spices, roasted peppers, onion and finish browning. Sprinkle flour over meat and stir together.
- 3In a bowl, whisk the eggs and milk together well.
Using a teaspoon, divide meat mixture among the 24 mini-muffin cups.
Put a nice size pinch of the shredded cheeses on top of each meat cup.
- 4Using a ladle (or something with a small pour spout) fill the cups just to the edge/rim with the beaten eggs an milk mixture.
- 5Bake until golden (but not too brown on top), about 12-to-15 minutes.
Remove from oven and let cool to handle, arrange on a plate and *serve.
- 6*Can be made the night before, cover when completely cooled (or place in zip lock bag) then heat in microwave when ready to serve.
- 7Note from Cin: Remember when making these for the Kiddo's...they don't like a lot of onion. That's why I did not put much in these.
Now if you and yours like onion...load`em up if you'd like.
When I make them for just the Hubby and I, we like more onion and garlic (both fresh from our garden and sauteed).
- 8Also use your favorite cheese or cheeses...it's good with sharp cheddar and/or longhorn colby. Fresh grated Parmeasan is nice melted on top right out of the oven.