Bird in the Nest
How to Make Bird in the Nest
- Take bread slices and cut out hole in the center with a biscuit cutter.
- Mix the sugar and cinnamon together. Spread half of the butter on the bread and then sprinkle the cinnamon mixture on top. Broil in oven until lightly browned.
- Place remainder of butter in a hot non-stick skillet and place toast slices (browned side up)in immediately. Crack an egg into each of the center holes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Cover the skillet so the yolk will cook without having to turn the bread over. Cook on medium high until the egg is over easy or over medium.
- Place the toast on a plate and drizzle with pure maple syrup or honey.