Bacon and Blue Cheese Quiche
·9 inch pie crust
·12 oz bacon
·2 1/4 cups heavy whipping cream
·2/3 cup blue cheese, crumbled
·2 1/2 oz herbed cream cheese, cut into walnut sized pieces
·1/2 cup pecan halves
·1/2 red bell pepper, sliced
·pinch of salt
·pinch of black pepper
How to Make Bacon and Blue Cheese Quiche
- Pre-heat oven to 350° F.
- Fry bacon until slightly crispy. Drain fat, chop into quarter size pieces and set aside.
- Place pie crust in greased 9’’ quiche dish and bake blind for approx. 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, beat eggs in a mixing bowl. Add cream, cream cheese and blue cheese and mix well.
- Add bacon, pecans, sliced peppers, salt and pepper and stir until combined.
- Remove pie crust from oven and pour in filling mix. Return to oven and cook for a further 30 minutes.
- Check to see if quiche is cooked through by inserting a toothpick. If the toothpick comes out clean, the quiche is ready. If it is not yet ready, cover top with a sheet of foil to prevent burning and return to oven for a further 5- 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool for at least 10 minutes before serving.