How to Make Almost Julia's Hard Boiled Eggs
- 1Placing your eggs in the bottom of a pot that is large enough for the eggs to fit in a single layer and add water until it’s 1 inch above the eggs.
- 2Turn on the heat and bring the water to a boil. Boil for 1 minute.
- 3Place a lid on the pot and turn the burner off. Let the eggs sit in the covered pot for 17 minutes.
- 4Drain the eggs and crack them lightly with the back of a spoon. Then cool quickly by adding the ice and adding cold water to cover. Let cool completely.
- 5Peel the egg. :)
1. Add a little vinegar to the cooking water if you are using an aluminum pan. This reduces darkening of the metal. Also if an egg cracks open during cooking it keeps it from dispersing.
2. Use an egg piercer to prevent above mentioned cracking.
3. Use eggs that are a few days old. They will peel easier.