Edna's Waffles (my great grandmother)
★★★★★ 1 vote5
4 call purpose flour ( you can use self-rising flour just leave off baking soda and baking powder
1 tspbaking soda
1 Tbspbaking powder
4eggs, separated (room temp)
How to Make Edna's Waffles (my great grandmother)
- Put all dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl
- separate eggs (do not put whites in plastic bowl use glass or metal)
- beat whites until soft peaks
- in large mixing bowl add oil and egg yolks mix well
- Start by adding 1/2 cup flour to egg/oil mixture mix until blended, add 1/2 cup milk and mix, add 1/2 cup flour and mix, continue until all flour and milk or used,ending with milk.
- Now you want to fold the egg whites into the batter, fold very lightly its is ok if you still have a few small lumps of whites
- I start my waffle iron to heating when I start to make my batter.
- You can keep this batter for 2 days after mixing, in a sealed bowl in the refrigerator. just fold gently until well mixed. I make mine up and put them in the freezer, then I can just put them in toaster or oven. Enjoy and please let me know how you like them