Buttermilk Waffles - Arm and Hammer Recipe
How to Make Buttermilk Waffles - Arm and Hammer Recipe
- 1Sift flour, soda, sugar, and salt together.
- 2Beat egg yolks and buttermilk together. Add dry ingredients and melted shortening. Stir until batter is smooth.
- 3Beat egg whites until stiff but not dry and fold into batter.
- 4Pour batter on heated waffle iron to about one inch of edge. Bake 3 to 4 minutes or until waffles stop steaming.
Serve with butter and syrup.
- 5NOTE: The waffles will be fluffier if you have all ingredients near room temperature. Allow the batter to rest for a few minutes to moisten the flour