Prudy's Dad's German Pancakes
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
2 largeapples peeled cored and sliced
1 1/2 call purpose flour
3 1/2 tspbaking powder
1 1/4 cmilk or buttermilk
3 Tbspbutter, melted
How to Make Prudy's Dad's German Pancakes
- Soak the apples in the milk for 10 minutes.
- Mix sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg in a shallow bowl. Drain the apple slices and dredge them in the cinnamon/sugar mixture
- In a large bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, salt and sugar. Make a well in the center and pour in the milk, egg and melted butter; mix until smooth.
- Heat a lightly oiled griddle or frying pan over medium high heat. Pour or scoop the batter onto the griddle, using approximately 1/4 cup for each pancake.
- Place coated apple ring in the batter as the pancake cooks. When bubbles appear flip and cook until golden brown. You can hold these in the oven at 275*F until you finish cooking all the pancakes
- Serve hot with butter and more of the cinnamon sugar mixture.