PRINCE CHARLIE'S PANCAKES
Recipe: Traditional Scottish Cookery
- 1 c
- all purpose flour
- 1 pinch
- eggs, beaten
- 1 1/4 c
- 2 Tbsp
- 1/3 c
- 1/2 c
- caster (superfine) sugar
- grated rind and juice of 3 large oranges
- grated rind and juice of 2 large lemons
- 2 Tbsp
How to Make PRINCE CHARLIE'S PANCAKES
- 1In a large bowl, mix together the flour and salt and make a well in the center. Stir in the beaten eggs and half the milk. Beat until batter is smooth and then add the remaining milk.
- 2Melt some of the shortening in an 8-inch skillet and pour in enough batter to cover the pan. Cook until bubbles appear on the surface; turn and cook other side. Remove to a tea towel or paper towels and keep warm. Use the rest of the batter the same way.
- 3Melt the butter in a separate skillet. Stir in the sugar and cook for about one minute. Then add the grated rind and juice of the lemons and oranges, and bring to a boil. Add the Drambuie; simmer for about 3 minutes.
- 4Place the warm pancakes on serving plates and spoon the hot sauce over the top.