Kefir Pancakes (Organic)
Lisa, Mason's Mom
I use all organic ingredients.
3/4 cwhole wheat flour (white or brown)
1/2 cunbleached unbromated all purpose white flour
1 1/2 tspbaking powder - aluminum free
2 1/2 tspturbinado sugar (cane sugar)
1/2 tspsea salt
1/2 tspbaking soda
1 largeegg (extra large)
1 1/2 cplain kefir
1 tspvanilla extract (not imitation)
How to Make Kefir Pancakes (Organic)
- Mix all dry ingredients in a medium mixing bowl. (I use my Pampered Chef Measuring Mixing Bowl)
- In a separate bowl, whip egg until fluffy.
- Add kefir and vanilla to whipped egg. Stir gently.
- Add the egg/kefir mixture to the flour mixture. Stir until blended. DO NOT overmix.
- Heat your skillet, cast iron pan, or griddle to temperature.
- Batter will "grow" during heat up time... this is good! This is a thick batter.
- I use a 1/3 cup measure to measure the batter. Not an exact science, just a scoop size.
- Cook just as you would any other pancake. Wait for bubbles and flip.