Kefir Pancakes (Organic)
Lisa, Mason's Mom
I use all organic ingredients.
- all organic
- 3/4 c
- whole wheat flour (white or brown)
- 1/2 c
- unbleached unbromated all purpose white flour
- 1 1/2 tsp
- baking powder - aluminum free
- 2 1/2 tsp
- turbinado sugar (cane sugar)
- 1/2 tsp
- sea salt
- 1/2 tsp
- baking soda
- 1 large
- egg (extra large)
- 1 1/2 c
- plain kefir
- 1 tsp
- vanilla extract (not imitation)
How to Make Kefir Pancakes (Organic)
- 1Mix all dry ingredients in a medium mixing bowl. (I use my Pampered Chef Measuring Mixing Bowl)
- 2In a separate bowl, whip egg until fluffy.
- 3Add kefir and vanilla to whipped egg. Stir gently.
- 4Add the egg/kefir mixture to the flour mixture. Stir until blended. DO NOT overmix.
- 5Heat your skillet, cast iron pan, or griddle to temperature.
- 6Batter will "grow" during heat up time... this is good! This is a thick batter.
- 7I use a 1/3 cup measure to measure the batter. Not an exact science, just a scoop size.
- 8Cook just as you would any other pancake. Wait for bubbles and flip.