Buttermilk Pancakes - Arm and Hammer Recipe
How to Make Buttermilk Pancakes - Arm and Hammer Recipe
- 1Sift flour, soda, sugar, and salt together.
- 2Combine eggs, buttermilk, and melted shortening; mix well. Add to dry ingredients and stir only until smooth. Allow to sit for a few minutes to moisten the flour and thicken while your griddle heats up.
- 3Pour batter from tip of large spoon or from pitcher onto large heated frying pan or griddle. When underside is browned and before bubbles burst on top, turn and brown second side.
- 4NOTE: Pancake batter will be fluffier if all ingredients are close to room temperature.
- 5Lemon Poppyseed version:
Rub two tablespoons fresh lemon zest into sugar; add two tablespoons fresh lemon juice and two tablespoons Poppyseeds to batter.