Sugarless All-Bran Muffins
- 2 c
- all-bran cereal
- 1 1/2 c
- 1 1/4 c
- all purpose flour
- 1 Tbsp
- baking powder
- 1/4 tsp
- eggs (beaten)
- 1/3 c
- vegetable oil
- bananas (mashed)
- 1/2 c
- walnuts (i usually grab ahandful and break up)
- 1/2 c
How to Make Sugarless All-Bran Muffins
- 1Add All-Bran to bowl and mix in buttermilk, let set 30 min. mash bananas in same bowl, add oil and eggs.
- 2In separate bowl add flour, salt and baking powder mix well, add walnuts and Craisins toss to coat. (This helps separate nuts and fruit when added to cereal)
- 3After cereal mixture has softened and flour mixture, mix well, pour into greased muffin pans (I use 6 extra large, will make 8 regular size muffins).
- 4Bake extra large muffins 25 min and regular size 20 min, in preheated 400* oven.
I usually do not preheat my oven until I'm almost ready to bake as it heats up very fast, this will vary depending on your oven.
Hope you enjoy.
I have also added 1/2 chopped fresh apple, which is very tasty, you can also change nuts and type of dried fruit.