Mom's Christmas Quiche Lorraine
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
110 inch unbaked pie crust
1 largeegg white
1/2 lbswiss cheese, grated
4 Tbspminced onions
2 clight cream
1 dash(es)cayenne pepper
How to Make Mom's Christmas Quiche Lorraine
- Preheat oven to 400. Brush the entire surface of the pie crust with the egg white to prevent sogginess.
- Dredge the cheese with the flour. Fry bacon until crisp. Drain and crumble.
- Saute the minced onion in the bacon fat until limp
- Mix the bacon and onion and sprinkle over the pie shell. Cover the bacon and onion with the flour and cheese mixture.
- Beat eggs and cream, add salt to taste and cayenne pepper. Pour this mixture over the cheese.
- Bake at 400 for 15 minutes, then reduce to 325 for 30 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean.