Mom's Christmas Quiche Lorraine
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
- 10 inch unbaked pie crust
- 1 large
- egg white
- 1/2 lb
- swiss cheese, grated
- 1 Tbsp
- 6 slice
- 4 Tbsp
- minced onions
- 4 large
- 2 c
- light cream
- 1 dash(es)
- cayenne pepper
How to Make Mom's Christmas Quiche Lorraine
- 1Preheat oven to 400. Brush the entire surface of the pie crust with the egg white to prevent sogginess.
- 2Dredge the cheese with the flour. Fry bacon until crisp. Drain and crumble.
- 3Saute the minced onion in the bacon fat until limp
- 4Mix the bacon and onion and sprinkle over the pie shell. Cover the bacon and onion with the flour and cheese mixture.
- 5Beat eggs and cream, add salt to taste and cayenne pepper. Pour this mixture over the cheese.
- 6Bake at 400 for 15 minutes, then reduce to 325 for 30 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean.