Cherry French Toast
This is one of my favorite ways to make French Toast. I like it with a lite dusting of powdered sugar instead of syrup.
- 3 large
- 1/2 c
- 1 tsp
- almond extract
- 1/2 c
- cherry all fruit spread or preserves
- 16 slice
- very thinly sliced firm-textured bread
- 1 Tbsp
- fruit -flavored syrup or powdered sugar optional
How to Make Cherry French Toast
- 1In a shallow bowl, with a whisk, beat eggs, milk, and almond extract; set aside. Spread 1 tablespoon of fruit spread or preserves on each of 8 slices of bread; top each with remaining bread slices, pressing together lightly.
- 2Dip filled bread into the egg mixture, thoroughly coating both sides. In skillet or on griddle cook filled bread in hot butter over medium heat about 2 minutes preside or until golden brown. Add more butter if needed. Serve with fruit-flavored syrup or powdered sugar.