Brandied Custard Crepe Filling
- 1 c
- 1/2 c
- granulated sugar
- 2 Tbsp
- 2 large
- eggs, beaten
- 1/4 c
- brandy, room temperature (optional)
- 1 tsp
- vanilla extract
- 3-4 c
- sliced strawberries (optional)
How to Make Brandied Custard Crepe Filling
- 1In a 2-quarter saucepan, combine the milk, sugar, and cornstarch and cook until thickened (or microwave for 5 to 7 minutes).
- 2Add 1/4 of the hot milk mixture to the beaten eggs, and blend well.
- 3Add the egg mixture to the remaining hot milk mixture in the saucepan and stir over medium heat (or microwave for 2 minutes or until thick). Remove pan from heat; stir in the brandy (if using) and vanilla. Chill completely.
- 4For use as a crepe filling - Recipe makes enough filling for 10 crepes. Place 3 tablespoons of custard in the center of each crepe. Add about 1/3 cup of sliced strawberries, if you wish. Then gently roll each crepe and place on a plate. Top each crepe with whipping cream and fresh strawberries.