Paleo Apple Muffins
Can substitute almond flour if you wish. I prefer the flavor of the ground cashew meal.
You can also substitute any other sweetner for the coconut sugar i.e. honey or agave nectar.
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
1 1/2 cground cashew meal
1 1/4 capple with the skin, finely chopped (1 large)
1/3 corganic coconut sugar
1/3 ccoconut oil, melted
1 tsporganic apple cider vinegar
1 Tbsppure vanilla extract
1 tspbaking soda
1/4 tspsea salt
1 1/2 tspapple pie spice
How to Make Paleo Apple Muffins
- Preheat oven to 325°F
- Prepare muffin tin with 11 paper liners for easy clean-up
- Melt the coconut oil in the microwave. Put it aside to let it cool a little.
- Finely chop the apple with the peel, in the food processor or hand chopper. Set aside.
- In a bowl combine the cashew meal, baking soda, salt and apple pie spice. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the eggs then add the coconut sugar, apple cider vinegar, vanilla, coconut oil and chopped apples. Mix until combined.
- Now add the cashew meal mixture (dry ingredients) to the egg mixture (wet ingredients) and mix until well combined.
- Pour the batter into prepared muffin tin. I usually get only 11 muffins, if you use a little less when filling, I'm sure you can get 12 muffins.
- Bake for about 20-25 minutes or until when a toothpick inserted comes out clean.