Spinach Cheese Omelette
The Internet's premiere Web site for losing and maintaining your weight. Named Forbes Best of the Web for Diet & Nutrition in 2001 and 2003, DietWatch has helped thousands of members succeed at weight loss.
Yield: 1 serving (about 6 ounces prepared)?Nutrition facts per serving: Calories 169; Fat 7.6 g; Saturated fat 3.3 g; Cholesterol 222 mg; Sodium 370 mg; Carbohydrate 2 g; Dietary fiber 0.5 g; Sugars 0 g; Protein 22 g; Vitamin A 265 RE; Vitamin C 5 mg; Calcium 175 mg; Iron 1.3 mg. This recipe is 41 percent fat.
Carbohydrate Points: .13?Carbohydrate
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
- 3 large
- egg whites
- 1 large
- pinch of salt; ground black pepper to taste
- 2 Tbsp
- grated reduced fat sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/3 c
- chopped baby spinach leaves (washed and dried)
- fresh parsley
How to Make Spinach Cheese Omelette
- 1Beat the egg whites, egg and salt together lightly. Add pepper.
- 2Heat a nonstick omelette pan (5" to 6") or a small nonstick saute pan to medium/high heat.
- 3Coat the pan with nonstick cooking spray and pour in all the egg mixture.
- 4While tilting the pan, lightly stir the mixture with the flat part of a fork until most of the egg has thickened.
- 5Put the pan directly on the heat for another 20 to 30 seconds to set the eggs.
- 6Top (mostly in the middle) with the cheese and spinach.
- 7Use a nonmetal spatula to immediately lift under the edges and fold the omelette in half while sliding it out of the pan onto a plate.
- 8Garnish with parsley.