☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
- 2 slice
- large, thick slices deli bread (egg, french)
- 4 large
- 8 oz
- sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 1/2 tsp
- dry mustard
- tabasco, or favorite hot sauce
- salt to taste
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1/8 tsp
- cream of tartar
How to Make Snooty Cheese Sandwich
- 1Preheat the oven to 450*.
Toast the bread until it's golden brown. Remove immediately.
- 2Place the toast in the bottom of an 8" baking dish, that has been prepared with food release spray.
- 3Separate the eggs into two medium bowls: 4 egg whites in one bowl, 3 egg yolks in the other. (save the remaining yolk for another use, such as scrambled eggs or fried rice).
- 4Beat the yolks.
Stir in the mustard, salt and pepper, and hot sauce. Combine thoroughly. Set aside.
- 5Add the cream of tartar to the egg whites.
Whip the egg whites, with an electric mixer, until they form stiff peaks.
- 6Stir a large spoonful of whipped egg white into the yolk mixture, stirring gently until well combined.
Gently fold in the remaining egg whites, with a rubber scraper, to keep as much air/volume as possible in the mixture. (It's ready when there are no big clumps of egg white left.)
- 7Carefully spoon the mixture over the toast in the baking pan.
Bake at 450* for 10 minutes, or until browned and puffy.
- 8NOTE: This recipe is easy to double.