☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
2 tspsalt (optional)
1 Tbspwhite vinegar
How to Make Poached Eggs Technique
- Put 1 1/2 inches of water in a deep large skillet and bring to a boil.
- Add vinegar to water and salt if using. The salt makes them firmer and less shiny. The vinegar helps hold them together.
- One at a time, break eggs into a saucer and slip into barely simmering water, keeping eggs as separated as possible.
- Cover skillet until egg whites coat over yolks.
- Remove cover. Cook 3 to 5 minutes until whites are firm but the yolks are still soft when touched with the back of spoon.
- With a slotted spoon or pancake turner, lift each egg from the water and rest on a folded paper towel to absorb excess water.
- Trim away the loose thin whites and place of serving plate or recipe calling for poached egg.