☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
- 2 tsp
- salt (optional)
- 1 Tbsp
- white vinegar
How to Make Poached Eggs Technique
- 1Put 1 1/2 inches of water in a deep large skillet and bring to a boil.
- 2Add vinegar to water and salt if using. The salt makes them firmer and less shiny. The vinegar helps hold them together.
- 3One at a time, break eggs into a saucer and slip into barely simmering water, keeping eggs as separated as possible.
- 4Cover skillet until egg whites coat over yolks.
- 5Remove cover. Cook 3 to 5 minutes until whites are firm but the yolks are still soft when touched with the back of spoon.
- 6With a slotted spoon or pancake turner, lift each egg from the water and rest on a folded paper towel to absorb excess water.
- 7Trim away the loose thin whites and place of serving plate or recipe calling for poached egg.