Pepper Jack Huevos and Refried Beans
Hearty and satisfying, it was perfect for an active day of hiking and water sports. Filling enough for a light lunch or supper. Quick and easy, too!
This recipe I found on the back of a package of pepper jack cheese.
- thick slices of bacon
- large eggs
- cup shredded pepper jack cheese, divided
- cup canned refried beans
- small (6 inch) corn or flour tortillas, warmed
- pico de gallo, optional
How to Make Pepper Jack Huevos and Refried Beans
- 1Cook bacon in a large skillet until crisp. Drain on paper toweling. Set aside. Pour off all but 2 tsp. bacon fat from skillet.
- 2Fry eggs in bacon fat, over easy or sunny side up, as desired. Warm refried beans and stir in 1/2 cup of pepper jack cheese. Divide warm bean/cheese mixture in center of 2 plates. Top with eggs and remaining 1/4 cup of cheese.
- 3Crumble bacon on top and serve with fresh pico de gallo. Warm tortillas, roll and serve on plate to scoop beans and eggs as you would toast.