How To Boil Eggs Perfectly Every Time
How to Make How To Boil Eggs Perfectly Every Time
- 1Place eggs in a saucepan and fill it with cold water. Set over high heat. Bring the water to a rolling boil. The water should come to a full, rolling boil.Turn off the heat and cover the pan. If you have an electric stove top, take the pan off the burner entirely. Don't forget to cover the pan. Set your timer for the desired time. Leave the eggs in the covered pan for the right amount of time. How long? Depends on whether you want soft-boiled or hard-boiled.
- 2Here's how long each will take:
For slightly runny soft-boiled eggs: 4 minutes
For custardy yet firmer soft-boiled eggs: 6 minutes
For firm yet still creamy hard-boiled eggs: 10 minutes
- 3Tap the cooked eggs gently. After your selected time is up, remove the cooked eggs from the pan with a slotted spoon and tap each gently on the countertop to crack the shell in a few places
- 4Place the eggs in a bowl of ice water. or just very cold tap water. and leave them there for at least 1 minute.
- 5In my experience I have never had issues with getting the shell off if you peel the egg as soon as you can