EGGS IN A FRAME
1 slicebread (your favorite white, whole wheat, sour dough etc.)
1-2 Tbspsalted butter
·salt and pepper to taste
·fresh parsley or chives for garnish (optional)
How to Make EGGS IN A FRAME
- Place bread on a clean, flat surface and, using a 3 inch diameter biscuit cutter or rim of a drinking glass, very firmly press into bread and twist to cut through bread. Remove and reserve the round of bread.
- Melt butter in a small nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- Remove from heat and add the bread "frame" and the round.
- Turn the frame and round over to coat both sides with the melted butter, then return skillet to medium heat.
- Watch carefully and flip the round, to brown both sides, and turn over the egg in the frame when the white is almost completely opaque (about 1 1/2-2 minutes.)
- Reduce heat to low and cook for about 15-30 seconds (according to the yolk firmness you prefer.)
- Remove to warm plate and season as desired. Black truffle sea salt is highly recommended (the "real" stuff is available at myspicesage.com.)