Blue Ribbon Recipe
What a great way to start your day! This is a fancy (but easy!) omelet to serve for a special day! The asparagus adds a slight crunch. The prosciutto adds so much flavor. Be careful on adding salt since prosciutto is salty. Delish! The Test Kitchen
- 1 Tbsp
- fresh asparagus spears, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 slice
- thin sliced prosciutto ham, cut into pieces
- 2 large
- eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 pinch
- fine sea salt
- 2 Tbsp
- freshly grated asiago cheese
- fresh chives, chive flowers and strawberries for garnish (optional)
How to Make ASPARAGUS OMELETTE
- 1In small nonstick skillet, melt butter over medium/medium low heat.
- 2Add asparagus and saute 1 to 2 minutes, until asparagus is tender (but still bright green.)
- 3Add prosciutto and saute 10 seconds.
- 4Add salt to beaten eggs and gently pour over evenly distributed asparagus and prosciutto in skillet.
- 5Lower heat, slightly, and let cook (no stirring, just gentle swirling) until firm, but still slightly wet on top.
- 6Sprinkle cheese evenly over top.
- 7With egg turner, fold into thirds and remove from heat.
- 8Transfer to warm plate, garnish if desired and serve.
- 9Recipe may be doubled or tripled, etc... just be sure to increase skillet size accordingly.