Zucchini Breakfast Casserole
★★★★★ 1 vote5
- 2 clove
- garlic, minced
- olive oil for sauteing
- 1 medium
- zucchini, sliced thin
- 1/2 bunch
- basil, fresh
- 1/4 c
- milk or cream (i prefer cream)
- roma tomato, diced
- 1/4 c
- grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 c
- diced cooked ham, optional
How to Make Zucchini Breakfast Casserole
- 1Saute minced garlic in a bit of olive oil over medium heat in a non-stick saute pan.
- 2When the oil and garlic are heated, tear the basil and add it to the pan, along with the sliced zucchini. Cook until the zucchini is tender but not cooked through, about 2 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- 3Whisk eggs together with milk or cream in a medium bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
- 4Layer zucchini mixture in the bottom of a 8x8 square or round casserole dish. If you would like to add ham to your casserole, you may do so at this time.
- 5Pour egg mixture evenly over the top of zucchini mixture.
- 6Sprinkle parmesan evenly over top of casserole.
- 7Dice roma tomato and sprinkle evenly over the top of the egg/zucchini mixture.
- 8Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- 9In the morning, uncover and bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes.