Zucchini Breakfast Casserole
★★★★★ 1 vote5
2 clovegarlic, minced
·olive oil for sauteing
1 mediumzucchini, sliced thin
1/2 bunchbasil, fresh
1/4 cmilk or cream (i prefer cream)
1roma tomato, diced
1/4 cgrated parmesan cheese
1/2 cdiced cooked ham, optional
How to Make Zucchini Breakfast Casserole
- Saute minced garlic in a bit of olive oil over medium heat in a non-stick saute pan.
- When the oil and garlic are heated, tear the basil and add it to the pan, along with the sliced zucchini. Cook until the zucchini is tender but not cooked through, about 2 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Whisk eggs together with milk or cream in a medium bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
- Layer zucchini mixture in the bottom of a 8x8 square or round casserole dish. If you would like to add ham to your casserole, you may do so at this time.
- Pour egg mixture evenly over the top of zucchini mixture.
- Sprinkle parmesan evenly over top of casserole.
- Dice roma tomato and sprinkle evenly over the top of the egg/zucchini mixture.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- In the morning, uncover and bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes.