The Legendary Hot Brown- Blissful Yumminess!
This is a must try. I've never met anyone yet who didn't love the creamy, satisfying blend of flavors. Next best thing to visiting the hotel yourself! Enjoy! =)
- 1 1/2 tb. butter
- 1 1/2 tb. flour
- 1 1/2 c. heavy cream
- 1/4 c. pecorino-romano cheese, divided
- 1 pinch nutmeg
- salt and pepper
- 14 oz. roasted turkey breast, thickly sliced (warm slightly before adding to dish)
- 4 slices texas toast
- 4 slices good quality bacon, fried crisply and kept warm
- 2 roma tomatoes, sliced in half
- paprika and parsley to garnish
INGREDIENTS FOR THE HOT BROWN
How to Make The Legendary Hot Brown- Blissful Yumminess!
- 1For the sauce:
Melt butter in saucepan. Slowly whisk in flour to form a thick paste. Cook over med/low heat, stirring constantly, for about 2 minutes.
- 2Whisk in heavy cream and cook over medium heat about 2-3 minutes until the cream begins to simmer. Remove sauce from heat and slowly add Pecorino/Romano cheese until smooth. Add nutmeg, salt and pepper to taste.
- 3For each Hot Brown:
Toast your bread slices. Place one slice of toast in an oven safe dish. Cover with 7 oz. of slightly warmed, thickly sliced turkey. Place 2 Roma tomato halves and 2 toast points along side the base of turkey and toast. Pour 1/2 of the sauce over the dish, completely covering it. Sprinkle with additional cheese. Place entire dish under broiler until cheese begins to brown and bubble.
- 4Remove from broiler and cross two pieces of crispy bacon on top. Sprinkle with paprika, parsley and salt and pepper. Serve immediately.