Orange and White Chocolate Scones
2 1/4 call-purpose flour
1/4 cgranulated sugar
1 Tbspbaking powder
2 tspfinely grated orange zest
1 1/2 cheavy cream
2 Tbsporange juice, fresh
1/2 cvanilla or white chocolate chips
How to Make Orange and White Chocolate Scones
- Preheat oven to 375F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Whisk flour with sugar, baking powder, orange zest and salt.
- Stir cream and 2 tbsp orange juice into the dry ingredients. Fold in 1/4 cup of the white chocolate chips.
- On a lightly floured work surface, gently knead dough just until it comes together. Pat into a 9-inch round about 1/2 inch thick. Cut dough into 8 wedges and arrange them 1 inch apart on the baking sheet.
- Bake scones for 20-25 minutes until slightly firm and lightly browned on the bottom, but pale on the top. Let cool for 5 minutes on pan, then transfer to rack to cool completely.
- Put the other 1/4 cup chips into a small ziploc bag. Seal and microwave for about 30 seconds until melted. Smoosh with your fingers. Cut a small hole in corner of bag and pipe the white chocolate across the scones. (You may need a bit more chips, depending on how much you pipe on.)