Orange and White Chocolate Scones
- 2 1/4 c
- all-purpose flour
- 1/4 c
- granulated sugar
- 1 Tbsp
- baking powder
- 2 tsp
- finely grated orange zest
- 1/2 tsp
- 1 1/2 c
- heavy cream
- 2 Tbsp
- orange juice, fresh
- 1/2 c
- vanilla or white chocolate chips
How to Make Orange and White Chocolate Scones
- 1Preheat oven to 375F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- 2Whisk flour with sugar, baking powder, orange zest and salt.
- 3Stir cream and 2 tbsp orange juice into the dry ingredients. Fold in 1/4 cup of the white chocolate chips.
- 4On a lightly floured work surface, gently knead dough just until it comes together. Pat into a 9-inch round about 1/2 inch thick. Cut dough into 8 wedges and arrange them 1 inch apart on the baking sheet.
- 5Bake scones for 20-25 minutes until slightly firm and lightly browned on the bottom, but pale on the top. Let cool for 5 minutes on pan, then transfer to rack to cool completely.
- 6Put the other 1/4 cup chips into a small ziploc bag. Seal and microwave for about 30 seconds until melted. Smoosh with your fingers. Cut a small hole in corner of bag and pipe the white chocolate across the scones. (You may need a bit more chips, depending on how much you pipe on.)