My Sweet Potato & Egg Casserole w/Blue Corn Chips
- nonstick cooking spray
- 1 medium
- sweet potato
- 1 1/2 tsp
- light extra virgin oil
- 1 medium
- red onion, cut into small dice
- salt and pepper to taste
- garlic clove, minced
- 2 c
- liquid egg stubstitute
- 1 Tbsp
- fresh basil, chopped
- 4 oz
- baked blue corn chips (optional)
How to Make My Sweet Potato & Egg Casserole w/Blue Corn Chips
- 1Preheat your oven to 475
- 2Spray an 8 X 8 X 2 inch baking dish with cooking spray and set aside.
- 3Prick the skin of the sweet potato with a fork and wrap in a paper towel and microwave on high until it is soft and tender, about 5 to 8 minutes. Check for softness and return to microwave if needed.
- 4Remove sweet potato from microwave and allow to cool.
- 5Meanwhile, heat a large nonstick sauce pan over medium high heat. When hot, add the olive oil to the pan.
- 6Add the onions and cook until the onions begin to soften, about 5 minutes.
- 7Season with salt and pepper to taste and add the garlic and cook another 2 minutes.
- 8Remove from stove and set aside.
- 9In a small bowl, add the egg substitute and season with salt and pepper to taste and set aside.
- 10Remove the skin of the sweet potato and slice it crosswise into 1/2 inch thick slices.
- 11Layer the potatoes into the bottom of the prepared baking dish and evenly spread the onions on top.
- 12Pour the egg substitute into the dish and scatter the basil on top.
- 13Place the dish in the oven and bake until the eggs are completely set, about 15 to 18 minutes.
- 14Remove from oven and serve with baked blue corn chips.