My Sweet Potato & Egg Casserole w/Blue Corn Chips
·nonstick cooking spray
1 mediumsweet potato
1 1/2 tsplight extra virgin oil
1 mediumred onion, cut into small dice
·salt and pepper to taste
1garlic clove, minced
2 cliquid egg stubstitute
1 Tbspfresh basil, chopped
4 ozbaked blue corn chips (optional)
How to Make My Sweet Potato & Egg Casserole w/Blue Corn Chips
- Preheat your oven to 475
- Spray an 8 X 8 X 2 inch baking dish with cooking spray and set aside.
- Prick the skin of the sweet potato with a fork and wrap in a paper towel and microwave on high until it is soft and tender, about 5 to 8 minutes. Check for softness and return to microwave if needed.
- Remove sweet potato from microwave and allow to cool.
- Meanwhile, heat a large nonstick sauce pan over medium high heat. When hot, add the olive oil to the pan.
- Add the onions and cook until the onions begin to soften, about 5 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste and add the garlic and cook another 2 minutes.
- Remove from stove and set aside.
- In a small bowl, add the egg substitute and season with salt and pepper to taste and set aside.
- Remove the skin of the sweet potato and slice it crosswise into 1/2 inch thick slices.
- Layer the potatoes into the bottom of the prepared baking dish and evenly spread the onions on top.
- Pour the egg substitute into the dish and scatter the basil on top.
- Place the dish in the oven and bake until the eggs are completely set, about 15 to 18 minutes.
- Remove from oven and serve with baked blue corn chips.