Baked French Toast w/cherries Breakfast
- 1 c
- heavy cream
- 4 oz
- cream cheese at room temperature
- slices of white bread crust removed
- 1 can(s)
- pie cherries
- 1 c
- white sugar divided
- 1 tsp
- whipped topping, thawed
- 1/4 c. maple syrup optional
How to Make Baked French Toast w/cherries Breakfast
- 1READ THIS RECIPE THROUGH BEFORE ATTEMPTING.
This dish should only be served at the table!
****THIS IS NOT A BREAKFAST IN BED DISH!!!****
Place bread in a 9x13 cake pan.
- 2In a large bowl place all 6 eggs and beat lightly, add 1/2 cup sugar and blend until dissolved. Add cream cheese a little at a time until well combined. Add Heavy cream and vanilla. Blend until smooth.
- 3Pour evenly over bread. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight.
- 4The next morning preheat the oven to 350' Remove the baking pan from the refrigerator and bake for 30 to 40 minutes or until bread is set. Remove from oven. Next open can of pie cherries and pour the juice into a small sauce pan. Add 1/2 cup of sugar and cook down about 50% and add in the cherries. Plate the bread pudding and serve with cherries over the top.
- 5Maple syrup or brandy flavoring can be substituted for brandy.
- 6Put dollop of whipped topping over the cherries if desired.