Mushroom crusted Quiche
4 Tbspbutter (divided)
1/2 lbmushrooms, chopped fine
1/2 cfinely crushed saltine crackers (about 15 crackers)
6green onions, chopped fine (more or less to taste)
2 cshredded mozzarella cheese
1 ccreamed cottage cheese (blended in food processor)
1 tsproasted garlic (or to taste)
1 1/2 tspdried basil
·pepper to taste
1/2 tsppaprika ( or enough to sprinkle on top of quiche)
How to Make Mushroom crusted Quiche
If you chop everything with a food processor, this recipe goes very quickly!
First add the saltine crackers and blend until fine crumbs. Empty the crackers from the food processor, and add the mushrooms. Empty the mushrooms into the pan with the 3 Tablespoons of butter, and add the cottage cheese, basil,garlic and pepper. (no need to clean out the food processor in between!)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly butter a 9 inch pie plate.
- In the same skillet that you sauteed the mushrooms, add 1 tablespoon of butter. Add the green onions, and saute until softened, about 3 minutes.
Sprinkle onions over the crust.
- Add 2 cups of mozzarella cheese (or any cheese to your liking) on top of the onion layer.
- Pour cottage cheese/egg mixture over the shredded cheese layer, pouring evenly to cover the whole quiche.
Sprinkle sweet paprika over the entire pie.
- NOTES: I can see so many variations of this recipe! Use any shredded cheese you like. Also, adding different spices to the cottage cheese would change the flavor. Different crackers would make unique flavor changes as well. Perhaps even sparingly add cook vegetables in addition to the onions.....the possibilities are endless!
The crust and topping are what is unique in this recipe. Play with your food and have fun! :)