Mountain Man Breakfast
How to Make Mountain Man Breakfast
- The following requires 6-9 coals on the bottom and 12 -15 top coals:
- 1. Pre-heat 12" Dutch Oven. Slice bacon and brown in the bottom of the DO until bacon starts to crisp up (if using sausage, cook until no longer pink).
- 2. Stir in the hash brown potatoes and cover; remove cover and stir occasionally to brown and heat potatoes (15-20 minutes).
- 3. Beat the eggs in a separate container and pour the mixture over the hash browns. Cover and cook until eggs start to set.(10 - 15 minutes)
- 4. Sprinkle grated cheese over egg mixture, cover and continue heating
until eggs are completely set and cheese is melted. For an additional 3-5 minutes. Cooking times will vary with the weather and your state of awake.