Mexican Cheese Grits Casserole
1 cquick grits (cooks in 5 min.) uncooked
8 ozvelveeta cheese
1 smallonion, chopped
2 clovegarlic, pressed
1 smallred bell pepper, chopped
1 smallcan green chilies, chopped
12 ozshredded sharp cheddar cheese
1/4 tspground red pepper
How to Make Mexican Cheese Grits Casserole
- Cook grits according to package directions.
- Stir in Velveeta cheese until melted.
- Stir together the milk and the eggs. Beat, then stir into grits.
- Melt 2 Tbsp. in large skillet. Add onion, bell pepper, garlic, and chili peppers. Saute until onion is tender.
- Stir onion mixture and 1 cup grated cheddar and red pepper into grits. Pour into a buttered 9X13" baking dish. Cover with foil.
- Bake 350 degrees for 30 min. Then sprinkle with remaining cheddar cheese and bake uncovered another 5-10 min. until bubbly and cheese is melted.