Mel's Christmas Morning Casserole
The original recipie came from Gooseberry Patch's Christmas book no 5,
This you make Christmas Eve, and then in the AM pop it in the oven, while everyone is opening presents.
It's also great when you have company overnighters, or a group in for breakfast.
Feel free to add sausage instead, of bacon, increase the cheddar, or use pepper jack instead add mushrooms, and my fav asparagus tips.
A nice pairing would be a fresh fruit salad.
- 6 large
- 1/2 to 3/4 c
- cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/2 c
- shredded mozarella, or pepper jack cheese
- 4 oz
- jar mushrooms
- 1/2 to 1 lb
- breakfast sausage, or crisp bacon
- 1 tsp
- dried parsley
- 1 Tbsp
- dried minced onion
- 1 c
- 1 tsp
- dry mustard
- 2 c
- 15 to 20 sprig(s)
- cooked asparagus tips, optional
- salt and pepper to taste
How to Make Mel's Christmas Morning Casserole
- 1If using bacon, fry up crisp, then cook mushrooms in fat until heated and starting to turn brown. Drain on paper towels.
- 2If using sausage, cook until browned, and drain on paper tpowels.
- 3In a food processor, or a magic bullet, combine everything, cover and chill over night
- 4You could add at this time cooked asparagus tips, but do not chop all up, leave intact.
- 5Next AM bake in a 350° oven for about 50 minutes, or until set in middle.