Ham, Asparagus, Cheese make ahead casserole
This is a wonderfull recipe that you can make ahead the night before and just pop in the oven the next morning. If you have company it's really great because then you are not a short order cook that AM.
Feel free to change the cheeses around, a nice other cheese would be swiss.
Instead of ham use cooked bulk pork sausage,or bacon.
Leftovers are awsome, with a slice of pepper jack cheese on top, warmed in the microwave and served with hot salsa and sour cream.
- 6 large
- eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 c
- shredded mozarella
- 1 1/2 c
- shredded cheddar, divided
- 7 oz
- (8 slices) pepper jack cheese
- 6 to 8 oz
- cooked ham, diced
- 14 1/2 oz
- can of asparagus, drained
- 2 tsp
- dry minced onion
- 1 tsp
- dried parsley
- 1 tsp
- dry mustard
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 c
- 2 c
How to Make Ham, Asparagus, Cheese make ahead casserole
- 1Spray a 9x13 pan with non stick spray.
- 2Preheat oven to 350°
- 3Mix everything up in the order given,using 1 cup chedddar, and reserving the pepper jack cheese.
- 4Bake until set in the center, about 1 hour, the last 10 minutes of baking scatter the reserved cheddar, and arrange the pepper jack cheese on top.
- 5Bake until center is set, about 1 hour.