- pillsbury refrigerated pie crust, softened
- 1 1/2 c
- whipping cream
- 1/4 tsp
- 1/4 tsp
- 2 c
- finely chopped cooked ham
- 1 c
- crumbled blue cheese (4 oz.)
- 1 Tbsp
- all purpose flour
How to Make HAM AND BLUE CHEESE QUICHE
- 1Place the pie crust in a 9-1/2 inch deep-dish pie plate as directed on box for one-crust filled pie. Bake in a pre-heated 450-degree oven for 10 minutes or until golden. Cool. Reduce oven temp to 375 degrees.
- 2In a large bowl, beat the eggs, whipping cream, salt and pepper with a wire whisk until well blended. In a medium bowl, toss ham and cheese with flour; sprinkle in bottom of cooled crust. Pour egg mixture over top.
- 3Bake for 45 or 50 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean and edge of crust is golden brown. Let stand 10 minutes. Cut into wedges.
- 4Bacon can be substituted for the ham. Use 1/2 cup crumbled bacon if desired.
NOTE: the original recipe called for 1/2 tsp. black pepper. I changed it to 1/4 tsp. because that seemed too much. Use your own judgment.